This hairstyle is one of my favorite go to's when I am in a hurry or my hair is dirty. This can work with long hair or shorter hair. Here's what you do:
1. Start with a high pony tail secured with an elastic hair band.
2. Section hair into four sections.
3. Use a small comb and tease the 'inside' of the pony tail in each section working your way from the roots to the ends. The bigger the teasing, the bigger the knot!
4. Gently pull the sections together making sure the outside of the pony tail is smooth. The outside can be teased as well for a more messy look.
5. Wrap the hair around the hair band and twist slightly, or just wrap without twisting that's up to you. During this process is when you can adjust the height and width of the knot.
6. Secure with several hair pins or bobby pins. I prefer hair pins.
7. There's your knot!
I'd love to hear if you try it or how you do your top knot!